extend broadband !!

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gid58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

extend broadband !!

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by gid58 »

Is there anybody else in the Lapta area having slow speeds form Extend or any other providers in the same area???

I've just done a speed test on the Kyrenia servers via speed test app, only getting 1.78 Mbps when I should be getting 4 Mbps ( very much a dream figure I know ).

Toftsv
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: extend broadband !!

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Toftsv »

We was with them for a year, and once they get your well earned money they don't care!!!!
Glad I switched to multimax, my opinion only.

Regards.
Pete

rogspur1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by rogspur1 »

I totally agree Extend is awful, we signed up for one year one month ago and wish we had gone with Multi Max and will do next year, we too are getting less than 2 and should be getting 4

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

3.3 in Ozankoy

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

4.1 central Kyrenia.

gid58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by gid58 »

Whores draws in Lapta

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Seems to be OK in Karsiyaka.

gid58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by gid58 »

Three words to make you laugh...... Extend customer service.....

silverfir
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Post by silverfir »

Been with Extend for the last nine years. One home callout in that time. This is one happy customer in Catalkoy.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

I have been with Extend for a year. I had a problem which was not of their making but the engineer kept coming out until the problem was solved. So I'm another happy customer in Ozankoy.

wondering1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by wondering1 »

Generally happy with them, a month or so ago we found consistently slow speeds in the evenings 1.5-2mps which was frustrating. I did write an email to the support with print screens a couple of times but never received a response either time.

The speed seems to have improved in the evenings now which is great. However I think we will be moving to multimax to take advantage of the faster speeds.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Hi gid58,

I already sent you a PM regarding this problem and wondered why you had not replied to me, but after seeing your comment regarding eXtend customer service, I checked the Sent Messages Folder in my (Kibkom) Private Messaging System and your message does not appear in it. I PM'd rogspur1 at the same time and that message is missing too.

Conclusion : Either, I did something wrong when submitting the messages, or the messages were deleted because I included our support email address, or there is a fault with Kibkom's Messaging System, or I am making this whole thing up.

In any event, I am now forced to post in this thread to make contact with you and rogspur1 publicly.

By way of an introduction, we are eXtend's No. 1 Reseller. We look after hundreds of British Customers for them. We are not perfect and I am sure that someone will be along in a minute to tell you that, but we answer the phone seven days a week and directly arrange eXtend service calls for our customers - usually the next day (0533 869 4371)

There are further advantages to contacting us - we are British (nothing will be lost in translation) we understand the system and can initially diagnose the problem and offer a solution or, as I have said, we can arrange a service call for you AND most importantly, you only need to telephone us ONCE and we will do the rest for you including liaising with eXtend - this service is completely free - it doesn't cost you a penny, there is only one requirement, that you pay your eXtend subscriptions through us (at the same price that you pay directly through eXtend)

I cannot tell from your Kibkom Member Name whether you are already one of our customers, but I doubt it because I would have expected to have heard from you but in any event, regardless of whether or not you pay your eXtend subscription through us, if you contact us on the above number, I am prepared to help you and rogspur1 obtain a solution.

Muzer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Muzer »

Before I left paradise I left an email asking about a dedicated wifi connection. The day I left I called and spoke to a woman who took my details and would pass them on. Since I've been back I've emailed twice asking for information. Guess what mmmmmmm no one has replied. Very annoying.
I know people say you should not complain on open forum about companies, normally I would agree but when they dont respond then where do you complain to. With MM Ive had some problems but they were sorted out some times before I drank my effes. This was just to let people know and maybe they know of how to get their attention.....

Muzer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Muzer »

Ooooops should have read the previous post I'll contact sat Cyprus but really doesn't answer my other post.

gid58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by gid58 »

After speaking with friends and neighbours in the Lapta area, who are with different ISP. They have at some time or another suffered from slow speeds (not what they are paying for).

What we as customer's expect is what we pay for ie : Mbps, then if this isn't achieved on a regular basis we feel ripped off!! Then to make us feel even worse poor customer service.

The technology is different to the UK, however the customer should not have to call their ISP every month/week to run though the same fault diagnosed, then wait 24/48 hrs for a call back that rarely happens, to chase the ISP up again! For them to arrange a technician to visit the property, whilst still suffering slow/low speeds/Mbps, taking approximately 7 day's some times less if lucky?

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

gid58...

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment of your opinion which holds true in the majority of customer/supplier arrangements (purchase 3KG of carrots and you expect to get 3KG of carrots etc.) - the same rule of thumb cannot be applied to 'shared' internet connections, the speed of which (at times when the internet is busy) can and will vary.

Secondly, presumably, as the last mile of your Internet connection here is Wireless, you cannot 'genuinely' compare certain 'traits' of the Internet connections in the TRNC with those in the UK

However, there is no excuse for someone not returning your call and in this regard, I have offered you our contact telephone number which I invite you to use next time you have a problem, even though your Internet Account with eXtend is not our responsibility.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

As even multimax will tell you they will supply UP TO 20. Mb it's not a constant figure I am with extend ( not with satellite Cyprus if you think I am on their side) have been with them since 2009 at times they have had problems and when I was at esentepe it could take more than a day to get to me. But in the last few years their customer service has been brilliant. We had a recurring problem about 3 months ago which they had trouble finding as it was intermittent in the end they changed everything and no more problems. In fact their customer service was proactive in the they rang every day for two weeks to make sure we were happy.

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Been with Extend many years via Agent. Found them very very good. I had reason once to speak to the M.D. and he was so helpful. It's not a perfect world and from time to time we need to expect and accept problems.

aljanyoung
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by aljanyoung »

Been with Extend now for over 10 years and although had issues in the early days since we started going through Gwyn around 7 or 8 years ago any problems have been resolved quickly and efficiently.

gid58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by gid58 »

SatelliteCyprus, thanks for your insight.

I have worked for an ISP in the UK and understand the differences between The UK and TRNC.

Even on a shared connection over the wireless section, allowing for distance between transmitter and receiver, the ISP knows how many customer's are on that profile!! This is proven when they set up the connection and after or when they decide to change the complaints profile to give them a better speed, all be it temporary.

Perhaps asking for a proactive company who spread their DSLAM server's and connection's out evenly with the customer base is asking too much

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

gid58...

I am glad that you have mentioned this because you have highlighted 'one' of the problems that eXtend faces as an ISP in the TRNC

Customers with Holiday Homes, who may only visit on two or three occasions per year, may visit at any time and this can make it very difficult, but not impossible, to "proactively" manage resources, especially in the holiday season.

Secondly, with the last mile being wireless and a limited amount of channels available, customers who have not experienced 'any' problems in the past, may 'suddenly' experience a slowness in their internet connection as a result of competition for radio frequency when a neighbour, or a person close by, suddenly fires up their Internet connection, or may have a new connection fitted from another ISP, for example.

Fortunately, this is where the service that we offer can 'really' make a difference because the customers who 'we' are responsible for can telephone seven days a week (0533 869 4371) and when they do and we take a look at their connection, it may highlight such a problem which can then be addressed.

On a wireless network, it may be described as 'normal' therefore, for customers to 'regularly' contact their ISP and ask them to take a look at their connection and 'tweak' it.

In any event, as we know many of our customers personally, they are usually 'pleased' to call and have a 'natter' with Gwyn

Muzer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Muzer »

Satellite Cyprus I've pm you cheers

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”