Overflow pool DIY maintenance

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

george olly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Overflow pool DIY maintenance

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by george olly »

Hi Everyone

I've decided to do my own pool maintenance on my overflow pool, 8m x 5m. Does anyone know of any websites/you tube that can help plus where to get chlorineand other required chemicals. Thanks, George

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Overflow pool DIY maintenance

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

YouTube clips here, Chemicals, tools, testing kits from Pools R Us (next to Ersem DIY in Lapta) or SIBA, down the road next to Green Petrol in Alsancak - or you could take a trip to Offsetsan in Lefkosia (a search on the forum will give you directions) - they're a bit cheaper, if that's a major consideration. South of the border may be even cheaper, at the risk of having the stuff confiscated by Customs

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

keith.. please....

be sure, those " pharmacy articles" , as a chlorine test kit, will be not significantly cheaper in the south.
it is also permitted to bring here... as many things for "personal use" ... as long it is not, eg, electric equipment, milk products, meat .. those things and - or " all products in the car" do not exceed the permitted value.

it is not nice to talk the country down and - or permanentely complaint that this and that is not working or not properly... but same time to try to make every possible deal to save tax, vat or anything, and as eg, social insurance.
- see, eg, alligator electrodes
- see, eg, the solar street lighting request from Geoff.. ( " .... I will be going south in the next few weeks.... ") and many more...

but you see what happend.. no further post reg the street lighting.. or...
after my post the "alligator threat" was deleted by admins and in new posts it says only "will pm you"..

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

kibsolar,

I do understand your stance as a fully legal, law abiding, Tax paying company, and I was certainly not advocating that people should travel to the South to buy such items - hence the 'health warning' re. the possibility of confiscation by Customs...

I don't think that I do 'talk the Country down' as a rule - I may point out its foibles occasionally, but on the whole, I accept it for what it is, 'warts and all' as they say - and of course, it has to generate income from whatever source it can!

Which does not alter the fact that individuals may choose to break the rules (and the LAW!) if it saves them a few Lira...

Such is life

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”