"Out of hours" veterinary services

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

"Out of hours" veterinary services

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Good afternoon

Are Pet Cross Veterinary Polyclinic in Ozanköy the only veterinary service here providing a 24/7 service using an on-call vet please?

We are in Karşıyaka and are thinking it is a fair journey in a car to Ozanköy for a poorly animal - if we were ever in need of a vet outside of normal business hours.

TIA
libens volens potens

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: "Out of hours" veterinary services

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

From Facebook and Google I discovered Pet Cross ceased to trade on Monday 17 December 2018.

Vet Petite Veterinary Clinic now functions from what was the Pet Cross address.

To contact Basak Eminaga at Vet Petite Veterinary Clinic, call 0533 846 9489 or 0539 102 2727.

Firdez Backlacı and Sibel Guzen now provide veterinary services at Animates Veterinary Clinic, call 0539 101 0666 or 0539 101 1666.
48358819_2310987505602853_2393918052421861376_n.jpg
I am not sure if an "out of hours" veterinary service is provided by either of the above new clinics, or any other veterinary clinic - the question posed in my original post.
libens volens potens

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I know there is a list of 24 hour vet services on fb but not sure if it is on Hope4Pets

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

About three weeks ago on a Sunday morning one of my small dogs was attacked by a vicious dog (with a yellow ear tag incidentally) and bitten. As my usual vet did not answer, I rang one of the nearest Vets (Animates), the phone was answered immediately and Firdez was able to see her at once. Fortunately she (the dog that is!) did not require stitches but an injection and antibiotic tablets. Firdez and her assistant handled the dog really well and although she is usually nervous with strangers she was quite happy with them. The new premises are impressive and parking is fairly easy, although I suspect it might fill up when they are busy.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

Garfields now does a Sunday clinic in the morning.
If you need emergency assistance out of hours you can usually get through to Fuat on: 0533-863-2939
If he is unable to get to the clinic he will normally contact his partner vet Burak who lives in Lapta.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”