Not a Pied Piper but a Cat Catching Team

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

KAR
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

Not a Pied Piper but a Cat Catching Team

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by KAR »

Never mind the Pied Piper of Hamelin - TRNC has its very own KAR Cat Catchers .......

In January 2017 our fantastic team braved the elements and carried on with their quest....they managed to catch 60 cats from various communities and took them to some of the local vets for neutering. This was no mean feat when they were faced with freezing temperatures and cats hiding anywhere and everywhere to try and keep warm and dry.

The cost for KAR - just in these veterinary costs - was 6300TL. Yet every month this worthwhile campaign continues.

KAR would like to thank the Cat Team, the Community Warden, Members of the public who report stray cats in the community, and those local vets who help KAR with this programe of Neutering and Releasing - they are all REALLY making a difference.
KAR account is just for posting and not responding to queries. Contact our Office for information.

bigbadbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Not a Pied Piper but a Cat Catching Team

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by bigbadbob »

Well done the Ace Cat Catching Team.
A Never Ending problem out here but made better with what you do.
Respect!
BBB's other half

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Fantastic result, well done to you all ....

crazydiamond
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by crazydiamond »

Well done. You do a fantastic job and I know it can't be easy.

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

On returning from the UK after Christmas a family of 4 cats had taken up residence on my roof terrace. I have been feeding them 3 times a day ever since.
They are very feral hiss & spit at us each time we take their food out. Run off & only return when we go back inside.
One kitten has a broken leg ,a short coated cat & I can't see any appendages so think it may be female. I worry how she will cope should she become pregnant.
The other kitten is long coated so I can't see the gender.
I will pay for vets charges for neutering & worming if I can get help to catch them.
The mother & I assume to be the father are obviously sexually active.
They can continue to live on the roof terrace for as long as they please & I will continue to feed them. I just need to avoid multiple litters

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Bonnie wrote: I will pay for vets charges for neutering & worming if I can get help to catch them.
The mother & I assume to be the father are obviously sexually active.
They can continue to live on the roof terrace for as long as they please & I will continue to feed them. I just need to avoid multiple litters
I have used kar's emailing system for neutering the street cats [email protected] giving the details of where I live, my telephone number, the amount of cats which maybe caught etc and within a few weeks the cat catching team have made contact and dropped off a trap and cages. Get Mum done asap, the kittens will have to be at least four to five months old, depending on their condition.

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

Thank you snd1966 I'll try that but I understood that Kars help didn't extend to Esentepe.
A couple of years ago a resident on site hand made a wonderful cat trap for catching the more feral cats. Someone carelessly left it on their patio & it was stolen.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

They will rent a trap and show you how to use it, patience is the answer and make sure the cat is fully in or at least three quarters in so you can tip it in but patience is the name of the game with a quick action finale. To gain best result trap at usual feed times in the morning baiting with their normal food.

I have caught quite a few and even three without the actual trap but using their cages like one.

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Hope4Pets do have a spring loaded cat trap that I brought over for them. If you would like to borrow it this can be arranged but a deposit is required to ensure the safe return.

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

Thank you for all your helpful replies
Altay at Vetpoint loaned me a cat trap on 3 occasions.
I managed to trap all three girls in my little roof terrace family Altay has spayed & wormed them.
Now they can live happily on the roof terrace out of danger of the marauding tom cats.
Thank you to Altay & to Karen his nurse

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”