Lovely dogs

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Sunnyd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lovely dogs

•   Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyd »

We're moving back to England at the end of February and need to find a home for our 2 dogs - either separately or together.

Max is a wonderful child friendly golden retriever, about 3yrs old. He's never got annoyed with our toddler despite being dressed up, chased and climbed on. And he loves affection & cuddles. He's equally happy roaming outside or curled up by your feet. He arrived at our door 1.5 yrs ago, abandoned & skinny, and he adopted us! I'm very sad we can't take him with us but hope we can find a good home for him. If you're interested in having him please let me know. Thanks.

Brandy is a Doberman Pointer mix. she came with the house. A lovely loyal dog. She was found as a stray puppy 11 years ago and she's lived here ever since.

If you're interested in either or both dogs please do get in touch. My number is 0533-837-5392
Attachments
Max1.JPG
Max2.JPG
Brandy1.JPG
Brandy2.JPG

Sunnyd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Lovely dogs

•   Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyd »

Btt please

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Thank you for at least trying to find good homes for them. Instead of just dumping them. One of mine, an Alsatian cross was dumped at about 8 months old, by my gate. I am sure they were English as she understood
commands from day one. Good luck !

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Like Owl Lady, I do wish you luck, its not going to be easy though I'm afraid. More and more people leaving the island, most fortunately, taking their animals with them, but some are not, hence people are commenting on the fact that some strays clearly understand commands given in English.

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

I do hope you find some kind hearted person to take them.

Barbieb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Barbieb »

I am so sorry Sunnyd I hope you love them enough to have a change of heart and take them with you, it is so much easier now then it used to be, and they look such lovely dogs I am sure you totally love them, I for one would not be looking to rehome, and please accept my apologies I do not know your circumstances or think they are any of my business, but hope this story has a happy outcome for all concerned!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Like BarbieB, I can only stress that taking animals back to UK is nothing like as bad as it used to be, but I don't know your circumstances. 'im in doors always reckons that I'd arange for our 4 to go back and leave him behind if I was forced to make a choice!!

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

One big factor is if you have your own house or plan on renting, because if they are renting, most places say "no smokers and no pets", even when the place is unfurnished. Landlords in England don't seem to like animals in their places.

Sunnyd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyd »

Thanks for all your comments. Stellasstar1 is right it's really hard to get a rental property with a dog. Adding in a toddler, a 3 week old baby and needing to find work and a house makes it just too difficult to take the dogs with us. We've got a couple of people thinking about taking the dogs so fingers crossed, but please do still keep your ears open for anyone wanting dogs. Thank you

trooper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

Post by trooper »

Content deleted as contravenes Forum rules.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

They are not abandoning them but trying to find them homes. I think that comment was uncalled for!!!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Be Polite Rudeness will not be tolerated. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully without insult and personal attack. Any member being intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will be banned without warning

The above is one of the rules, and although I have deleted the posting made which caused a report, I leave it to the boss as to whether he will ban the poster. I hope it was just a gut reaction and that no further personal attacks will be made.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Any luck with finding homes for these dogs?

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Well done Marion for deleting the posting. This is not the first personal attack by this poster, it was yourself, last time if I remember correctly.
As time is running out for these lovely dogs, I do hope someone will take pity on them.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I do hope someone can take them on, trouble is, the timing isn't good at the moment because of the added expense of micro chipping. That's if you go by the new rules. Most locals don't even bother with registering annually, so hopefully one of them might come forward. At least that's better than then being abandoned. Good luck.

Sunnyd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyd »

I'm happy to sort out microchips before someone takes the dogs

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Any update on this yet? I do hope so!

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

bttt

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

any luck yet?

Sunnyd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyd »

No joy yet. I've got a "maybe" for Max which I'll follow up on this week. Fingers crossed

journey1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Post by journey1 »

Marions - I respect all of what you say about the dogs but I still need to say that in my 12 years of North Cyprus I now see so many people rent a home, get a car and then a ' dog / cat'. - without thought as to how that wee soul/souls will survive when they(ex Pats - Brits) get fed up with being in N. Cyprus!
I have been with ex pats leaving the island and I always thought they loved their animals but they leave them without a thought to the wild- worse than being cast off! And just as bad I thought they were friends!
Education for all on this lovely part of the island is great but don't let us ever feel as Brits that we are not the ones to the forefront in needing the help and education

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Any luck with finding these dogs a home yet?

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

JOURNEY1 if you re-read the original post they did not just get the dogs. One came with the house and one just arrived as a stray. Please be more thoughtful when posting comments.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

bttt.any luck yet?

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Yes I agree with Owl Lady that so many people here took dogs on because either they came with the house or were half starved strays that turned up at their door. They did not plan to ave dogs but took them out of kindness, but then personal circumstances can change and it is not always possible to take animals back to U.K. if you don't have your own house their. Don't frighten people off who are trying to re-home their animals with rude comments.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Hi sunnyd in posting no 9 you did say some one may be interested in them!! What happened any further news, time is running out? I do hope this doggy story has a happy ending

Sunnyd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyd »

Hi. I've got two possible homes for Max - just waiting to hear back from people. No options yet for Brandy - she's an old doggie so I guess she's not so popular. I'll let you know how it goes.
And thank you for your comments. It's nice that some of you understand my situation. And I'm doing everything possible to find new homes for them

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Any news yet about these dogs, what a shame that so far no one has been able to help.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Anymore on the possible homes for Max?

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Any update on this please?

Sunnyd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Sunnyd »

Nothing yet. I'll let you know I'm the next week or so. I still have a couple of possibilities for them

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Every thing crossed.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”