Kibtek - Builder's tariff electricity

Looking to rent a room or flat? Do you have a villa to Let? -Find property lets in North Cyprus, private or by estate agents.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

MikenAng
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kibtek - Builder's tariff electricity

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by MikenAng »

Hi,

We have been renting a property here in Catalkoy for nearly three years and are still on 'builders electricity'. Our bills can sometimes be 400 GBP per month and we are only here on a month on month off basis. Can anyone advise us as to how this can be rectified? Surely, we are not responsible for this tariff as tenants. I have tried telephoning them but their automated service is in Turkish as is their website.

Mike and Angela Phillips
(0533) 8743194
[email protected].

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Kibtek - Builder's tariff electricity

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Hello as tenants sorry you have no chance of changing the electricity supply to normal domestic tariff. Only the builder can do this by supplying 100% accurate electrical plans to Kibtek, they then inspect the property & if it passes the tariff is changed.
Maybe you should think about renting elsewhere it is crazy paying that for electricity!

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Many years ago I asked my customer why they were on builders electric?

I first went to kibtek and asked why, I was told the four bedroomed property's Kocan was animal storage
I then had to create a green file
First we employed an architect, who luckily built up a rapport with the original architect and managed to adapt and submit the original plans
Second we employed an electrician who is kibtek registered, he then did the electric drawings and submitted them to the file
I then had to take the file to the district office, as it was under the girne municipality I had to arrange a site visit from the municipality
With file and plans the electrician came out to do his final checks, finally with POA i went to kibtek and got the tariff changed.

I am not sure at what level the property you are renting is at but the Kocan was in the lady's name.
It took over a year and the original quote of 4 to 6k doubled and I put most of my time down to experience, one I would not do again!
But ensure at every level you get it checked by an independent party, somehow the pool was only put on the plans as" to be added "and the amount the three involved parties wanted to add it on was unbelievable.
As you are in catalkoy a visit to see ahmet would probably inform you of what stage the property is at.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Surely your first stop should be the people from whom you rent?

Return to “PROPERTY RENTALS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”