Stone Cavern, Ozankoy

Had a great meal in North Cyprus? Let other members know. Find out where the best restaurants are or what best to order when visiting.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Stone Cavern, Ozankoy

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

As much as I would like to keep this a total secret...this place really is a must...Excellent food, fabulous chef...Becky is a fantastic host....such a good refreshing different experience. Tonight, fantastic steaks..and then lemon posset..to die for...

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Stone Cavern, Ozankoy

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Went there yesterday for coffee ended up having afternoon tea excellent!

earlybird
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by earlybird »

Can you tell us whereabouts it is and some idea of menu/prices? I am sure I am not the only one who would be interested, thank you.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

It is just along the road from the Mosque opposite the Corner House. It used to be the Grafton. All been completely refurbished, will have roof terrace soon. Excellent chef. There is a breakfast menu, with several different dishes, e.g. Toast with Avocado paste, salmon and poached egg. Lovely home-made soups, I have tried the carrot and coriander and the cream of mushroom. I think that was 12 lira. The menu is not over-priced as the quality of food is excellent. This week they have been doing 'taster' evenings with different dishes each night to help in creating an evening menu. Last night was steak with various sauces. Beautiful sirloin steak from our very own Ozankoy Butcher, the price 40 tl, with one bottle of wine half price per table. Perfectly cooked, on a bed of Spinach with mashed potato. Tonight is Pie night. A choice of pies with seasonal veg. The chef also makes an excellent lemon posset......give it a go, you will not be sorry. Best to book though as it is very popular. As Deniz1 says, you can also have afternoon tea. Becky and her team are a breath of fresh air and deserve to do well, which I am sure they will. In case anyone wants it the number is 05428781556 - and no, I am not associated at all with the business, just sharing a good thing.

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

Totally agree, 3 of us went there last week on the taster night, we all had different dishes, sausage and bean hot pot, Marakesh Chilli and Spanish chicken, not a crumb left, excellent food and taste, friendly attentive staff, no hassle to get rid of you. Try it you wi,ll not be disappointed.

lixiechick
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by lixiechick »

We were invited to this new Bar for drinks and supper, very nice platters at the bar, great atmosphere, looking forward to coming on a quieter night, it was a busy Friday, and having dinner,
Congratulations to you and your team Mark and Becky.

Lovelife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Lovelife »

Afternoon tea was excellent 55TL for two people really enjoyed it. Went for the steak night and enjoyed it, next time would like to try the menu so would go on a different evening.

Return to “RESTAURANTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”