Mobile Registration not complete

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Scruff dog
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Mobile Registration not complete

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Scruff dog »

Registered my mobile on Wed and just had message to say incomplete due to Gumruk Dekont Uyusmszligi !!
Can. Anyone shed any light on this before I head out to turkcell shop ? Thanks

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Mobile Registration not complete

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Won't translate via Google. On another translator it's something about customs receipt, but doesn't translate fully, if that's of any help to you.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Go to the Turkcell shop and they will tell you. It might be that part that is missing (i.e. registering it with Turkcell).

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

I also did mine on Wednesday. I went to the office in Lefkoşa, paid 18.70TL registration fee and in the same building different room, paid the duty. I then took the receipts they gave me along the road to Turkcell, handed over the paperwork and paid 6TL for whatever they do. He said to me that it would be a couple of days which I didn't understand as when we did my husband's phone last year his mobile worked the same evening. However, I got a text message within a minute of leaving the office, got my husband to call me and I called him and it was working ok. On Thursday, I got a message from Turkcell saying that I would be reverting to the standard tariff on 1st March. I looked back and all I can work out is that the guy at Turkcell put me on the student tariff for 2 of days, but I don't know why and presume that's what he meant by couple of days.

Did you go through the same 3 steps?

Scruff dog
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Scruff dog »

Thanks all looks like a trip back to beginning x

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”