Kindle Query

Advice on using Mobile Phones within the TRNC: SIM Cards, Repairs, cheap calls to UK...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kindle Query

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

My 4 year old Kindle Fire will no longer charge up. I have never downloaded a book but use it for just about everything other than a Phone!! Up until last week it used to charge from 5% to 100% in 2 hours or less but now I cannot get it to charge at all and its slowly "sliding" down the scale. Do you think the battery has packed up, or do you think maybe the charger has packed up. I suspect it isn't the charger because for years I've used both the charger that came with it, or my phone charger, bother working equally fast, sadly neither work on the Kindle now. Is there any way I can check a battery to see if its at fault and if so, is there anyone who stocks and fits them in TRNC? Secondary question: If I have to buy another mini-tablet here, can the information be transferred from old one to new one. Thanks.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Kindle Query

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

As the 'Battery Status' display does not change at all when either charger is connected, then you can rule out the chargers, and the battery itself.

Even if the battery was 'dud' and couldn't hold a charge, the display would change to indicate that external power had been applied, and that the device was trying to charge the battery.

I suspect that the fault is with the power socket on the device or its soldered connections.

Ahmet at Açdınc should be able to sort it out easily.

carrierbag
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by carrierbag »

Mine was doing the same, either not charging or charging really slowly. I got my son to bring me two Amazon Kindle fast chargers from UK last week and they work like a dream.

Good luck. You can speak (on chat) with Amazon and I have found them extremely helpful every time.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

This should be the clincher. Yesterday by wiggling the connection end of the charger, I charged Kindle to 100% (took hours and hours). Last night I switched on for about 15minutes. It went down to 98%, then I powered off. This morning its registering 0% again. Looks as if its "bleeding" power even when switched off!! BTW, Who and where is this guy you recommend?

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Ahmet at Açdinc is in Karakum. If travelling from Girne his shop is on the left side in the row of shops immediately after the turning to the new Suat Günsel hospital and before the entrance to the new (as yet not opened) Metropol supermarket. Ahmet is excellent and I would recommend him also.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanx for that Laura B, I know exactly where you mean. Hope his English is fairly good because its not easy to describe what happens. Not risking it in this lot though.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Yes his English is pretty good I think. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will improve too!!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Problem solved, more or less. Thanks for your recommendations. How on earth anyone ever finds anything in that shop, is anyones guess!!!

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Glad you got it solved..........in time for all the Christmas books!!

Return to “MOBILE PHONES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”