Blue Air

Find out about Flights, Taxi's, Transfers. Let members know what flight deals you managed to get.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mufflet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Blue Air

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mufflet »

Have seen a few posts about this airline, and having retired hurt from Pegasus, decided to try it. Recently flew from Birmingham to Larnaca. Left exactly on time, arrived half an hour early in Larnaca. Free soft drinks, free meal, complimentary brandy. Cabin crew efficient and polite no blaring inaudible announcements. So my experience with this carrier was very good, especially the price, £72 !

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Blue Air

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

We recently flew with the other 'BA' - the air was 'blue' I can tell you.... no food even though when we booked it was included. The flight was late, cramped and on the whole very poor indeed (the staff seemed apologetic, but they really should not have been put in that position). I blame the cheap skate conglomerate now running the show who have totally lost the plot and British Airways' mojo in the process...

Needless to say, we won't be repeating that experience... even though we have Avios points.

Kath
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Kath »

We flew Aegean in June ex Heathrow. Food and wine included. Cheaper than BA. 03.15 arrival Larnaca - I knew there was a downside

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Kath wrote:We flew Aegean in June ex Heathrow. Food and wine included. Cheaper than BA. 03.15 arrival Larnaca - I knew there was a downside
My wife booked me on Aegean and I have to say it was the best flight and comfort I've ever had on the route - bar none...Unfortunately since then their prices for the times we need have been high - but we will keep looking at them...

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Just back from the UK flying both ways with Blue Air. Very good, I would use them again. Plane half empty on the outward flight so had three seats to myself. Completely full on the return flight with lots of children holidaying at the end of their summer break. Staff were efficient and friendly. Flights took off on time and arrived early. Drinks and meal included and Cyprus brandy on the return. Bit much for me at 6am,;-)

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Not sure if Blue Air have changed their policy but we flew with them back to the UK recently.
Check in was good but that was about it!

55 minutes late leaving Larnaca, very poor service (slow) we were told before we booked they provide food and drink, they gave you a small packet of pretzels and a small glass of water, everything else you had to pay for.

In Bucharest transit passengers used one security gate only, it took over 30 minutes to pass through. On the next leg 70 minutes late leaving, again poor service and no food or drink unless you paid for it. The plane was quite old and really tatty, my seat pocket was full of rubbish from the previous flight.

Not a good experience, would consider other airlines in future. You get what you pay for I guess.

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by tingtang »

Not a good experience, would consider other airlines in future. You get what you pay for I guess.
Mollie The Cat.

I can only endorse the positive comments about Blue Air.

Delayed 'take offs' are rarely the fault of the Airline. I think your problem with the food etc is due to the fact that you did not book a direct flight but a couple of short haul journeys where the service is not the same.

We have used the LCA/BHM route a couple of times which was excellent as described by others above although we may have been short changed as we didn't get the Cyprus Brandy!

tt.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Art »

Quite often fly with Blue Air.

Yet to have a bad flight and normally on time.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Do they fly from Stanstead?

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by tingtang »

Deniz - the answer is 'No'.

Luton or Birmingham seem to be the only all year round services to UK
Liverpool, Glasgow & Dublin appear to be seasonal.

You can check out Fare prices here
https://www.blueairweb.com/en/gb/low-fare-finder/

edit - just spotted an e-mail from them earlier today, there is a 15% discount if booked by 11th November, so worth a look if you are planning a trip.

tt.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

We have flown with them before and will be doing without hesitation next month back into Birmingham. I have found it to be cheaper through https://www.skyscanner.net than their own website though. Granted we have not had an email offering a 15% discount which would make a difference.

Return to “TRAVEL - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”