Sunday 21.09.14 - 12 Hour Pasta Marathon @ Veni Vici, Lapta

Want to let people know about your event? Post it here, not forgetting to add to the Kibkom Calendar too.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

Sunday 21.09.14 - 12 Hour Pasta Marathon @ Veni Vici, Lapta

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

A date for your diaries!!

Veni Vici Restaurant is very popular and successful restaurant on the Lapta strip with many followers both residents, swallows and holiday makers. The owners, Richard and Nadine, have felt for a while that they wanted to put something back into the community and have chosen Tulips simply because they have seen some of their customers, who have been diagnosed with cancer, helped by Tulips.

So, on 21st September from 11am to 11pm, the Veni Vici Restaurant have challenged themselves to serve up as many pasta dishes as they can over a 12 hour period and it is our task to get as many people through the door as possible to help them achieve their goal which hopefully will be 1000 dishes.

Each dish is ONLY 15TL with 10TL being donated to Tulips. They are able to keep the prices low because all of their staff are working for free on their only day off in the week – so big thank you to all of them.

During the 12 hour cooking marathon, there will be 5 dishes to choose from (one being vegetarian) to choose from and you can either sit in to eat or takeaway – the choice is yours!

So please come along and join us and help us to get that magical 1000 figure that Veni Vici are striving for, who knows we may create a TRNC record!

Please see Marion's article in the Kibkom Times on:

http://kibkomtimes.com/now-we-can-all-v ... september/

Sue and Carole
Attachments
Veni Vici Pasta 21.09.14a.jpg

crofter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Sunday 21.09.14 - 12 Hour Pasta Marathon @ Veni Vici, La

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by crofter »

Hi Tulips, have you got abit more detail of the 4 courses, please. Will there be any chicken dishes and what will be in the veggy one?

Thanks

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Hi Crofter,

I will email Veni Vici and post as soon as I great a breakdown of the pasta dishes on offer.

ruggy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by ruggy »

What a fantastic idea , please dont worry what dishes they are doing , it's a charity event & Veni Vichi food is Lways great , I'm going to eat there & take away one of all the other dishes just to try them as I might find a new dish I really like . Well done to all the team there I hope it's a great success .

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Thank you Ruggy for your support and positive comments.

Anyone can buy a meal there and then more to take home, have your own ready made meals in the freezer and help Tulips at the same time

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Meal options are:

Carbonara
Bolognese
Spicy Italian sausage
Chicken Veni Vici
Primevera: veg option.

As the poster says: choice of 2 pastas -spaghetti or penne

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

If you do not have the time to stop on the day, just call in and pick up one (or 2 or 3 or 4 or as many as you can carry!) takeaways. Even if you do call in and eat you can still take a few meals home with you

Just think, you can have some ready made meals to pop into your freezer and they will be tastier than any frozen ones you from the supermarkets

squashmad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by squashmad »

I will being doing the same as ruggy - go in and eat then take home 'x' number of meals for the freezer, much better than eating any of the Iceland frozen stuff!

A fabulous idea and completely different to quiz, bingo and karaoke nights - I wish them luck and hope many of you will go to support Tulips and Veni Vici.

squashmad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by squashmad »

Forgot to say, that I read somewhere about someone having a pasta party at home with friends and all meals will be takeaway pasta dishes from Veni Vici - no excuse not to join in

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

But they ARE joining in Squashmed. The idea behind taking it home to eat is to leave room in the restaurant fr others to eat - thus tyring to ensure that the target is reached Look at it logically, if people linger longer over their particular pasta, there will be no chairs available for those who want a quickie! So the take away idea is done out of pure love and helpfulness .

Yes????
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

squashmad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by squashmad »

Marion, Yes I know they are joining in but you have misunderstood my msg 9.

What you have written is what I meant. There is no excuse not to join in because you can either go and eat at Veni Vici or buy takeaways and have a pasta party at home with some friends.

Hope we will see you there

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Update:

On Sunday at the Veni Vici Cooking Marathon in aid of Tulips, we will have a memory board where anyone who has lost a loved one through cancer can post their photograph in remembrance of them.

Whilst this event is going to fun (as well as a lot of hard work!) we do not want to forget why we, the owners and staff of Veni Vici are running this fundraiser.

So please, anyone who is coming on Sunday (of which we hope there will be many of you) please bring with you a photograph if you have lost a relative, close friend or acquaintance through cancer.

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Here's a little ditty to remind you that tomorrow is Pasta Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LIfB3vyyc8

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Loved the ditty,so many happy memories of Italian holidays in 1.30 minutes!! Wish I could be there today but hope all goes well and you make a load of money!

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Thanks Owl Lady!

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Today is the day.

Please do not waste your time cooking today, come on down to Veni Vici and have a pasta meal for only 15TL.

Bring your friends and neighbours, have a takeaway or even come for a meal and take home a couple of meals to pop in your fridge.

Alternatively, have a pasta party at home for your friends and come and collect a takeaway.

We look forward to seeing you all today.

Smiler
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Smiler »

I've just been and had a most delicious pasta dish for lunch. They're doing brilliantly but still have a way to go before reaching their target - if you haven't been yet then get a wriggle on!

Heaven
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Heaven »

Just left Veni Vici Eat for Tulips Pasta Marathon. Have been there since 11am as a volunteer. Anyone who does not go is missing out on great food. Tonight there is entertainment. The atmosphere is brilliant and so many people have enjoyed the food that they are taking home more!!! Please please go and support this fantastic initiative. I have been ringing in the half hourly results and at 5pm 474 dishes have been served. People are loving it. I expect it to get really busy later. Go and enjoy and help this charity that helps so many ex pats as well as locals.. Go and enjoy good food, drinks and entertainment and dancing.

Heaven
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Heaven »

Forgot to mention - on until 11 pm so go and boogie!

Return to “EVENTS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”